Friday, January 15, 2010

Shop Wisely, Act Globally

I have always been a big supporter of shopping Locally in your community, but sometimes, you can't always find what you need locally. I try to be relatively consientius of where the things I buy come from. A site I came across recently really addresses some of my concerns with "buying abroad" and making sure that the items go through a Fair Trade commission. It's great to get things for a steal, but at what cost to someones freedom or health.

Fair Indigo (www.fairindigo.com) takes things that are made around the world and in the United States (which they are currently expanding), but all made with Fair Trade practices in mind. They specifically look for if you are focused on purchasing Eco Friendly, Trade Conscious, or Made in the USA items .. . it's a great resource!

I can't think of a better way to support something so vital as economic stability and higher wages for impoverished countries.


No comments:

Vintage Earring Magnet

Vintage Earring Magnet